So on Wednesday it makes it 10 weeks until Dopey Challenge travel day.
I will also be going to a funeral that day.
I think that makes it time to ponder and evaluate.
For the past couple weeks I have been improving on my running – getting more than one run in a week at least. I have been going farther and trying to do some speed work as well. Beyond that I have also been exercising the dogs more and just trying to be healthier in general (eating better, drinking less Coke, etc).
This has paid some dividends. I am probably down around 5 pounds and my head has been a bit clearer.
Ten weeks is not a huge amount of time to fix where I am but I can make a good start so that I can have a good running year in 2018.
So the goal is to continue my slow progression back to some kind of running shape:
- Gradually increase the number of days I run per week – goal to back to 5 days a week within 5 weeks so that I can be used to the back to back running days for Dopey.
- Increase overall weekly mileage (shoot to get at least one 50 mile week by end of December)
- Increase distance of weekly long run (normally like to have 2-3 20 milers before a marathon but I will probably have to settle to have one 20 mile run done by end of December)
- Continue to reduce calories and eat healthier – continue with the weight loss – hard to set a goal here but if I look back at what I was doing 5 years ago at the start of this blog – 10 pounds should be a good goal and 15 could be doable.
- Try to stay mentally settled
Post more – writing about my workouts helps internalize my goals and highlights the progress I have made – all positive things. Goal is to get something up 2-3 times a week to start and then get back into writing a post run recap every day I run.
Not much else to say right now besides saying I have a desire to get healthier again after my slow crash over the past couple years.
Wish me luck as I rebuild…again.