150.43 miles for March – my highest monthly mileage since December 2014. Getting stronger again but still a long way to go.

I haven’t done much on the blog or twitter lately (busy, busy!) so I wanted to get an update out to show where I am and how I am doing in my training.

First off the run streak is now at 92 days.

150.43 miles for the month is pretty good especially since I forced an easy week last week to try to figure out a few things. More on that later.

That total is my highest since December 2014 – closest was March 2015 at 150 even which was right before I had some health issues and things kinda went to hell running wise.

So mileage is getting back up – how about the speed? Not great right now – I am actively working on speed currently but there is definitely a long way to go there. I’ll have to keep working on that!

That being said I also need to ramp up the long, slow runs to make sure I am ready for the Spruce Woods Ultra 50k – and frankly the long, slow runs are going to have to be a higher priority through April. Long distance training always ends up being a balancing act though so I will just have to do what I can to go long while training to get faster.

Otherwise how are things going? I have been pretty exhausted lately and I was worried that the run streak was the cause. With that in mind I decided to do a light mileage week where I kept the streak alive but didn’t push myself to go fast or long. The week totaled just over 15 miles with the longest run at 4.45 miles. My body definitely felt more rested after the week was over but I was still exhausted. So it looks the running streak isn’t causing the exhaustion – that means it is probably work stress and just not getting enough sleep. So I am going to focus on getting to bed earlier and trying to get more rest all around.

What else has happened since my last post?….oh yeah! I broke the treadmill! It was a fun break too – I was pounding along doing some speed work and suddenly the deck took a sharp lean to the left and started to bounce. Luckily I was able to hop off quickly without hurting myself (years of light footing ice probably helped there)!

I popped the treadmill engine housing open and discovered that the bolt on the left side that holds the deck to the frame had sheered. Lovely.

I managed to get a bolt that works temporarily while I put in a warranty call to get a new bolt.

My treadmill destruction tendencies continue!

I think that is it for now – I will attempt to be a bit more frequent in my blog posts from now on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *